CMI Brest is a shared device in the form of a Group, attached to the UNIVERSITE DE BRETAGNE OCCIDENTALE
Created on July 5, 2013, the CMI Brest aims to implement on the Brest site all the conditions likely to favor international mobility, incoming and outgoing, of students, trainees, doctoral students, post-doctoral students and researchers.
Founding members: Brest Métropole, UBO, IMT-Atlantique, ENIB, ENSTA-Bretagne
Partner-members: BBS, ISEN, CIEL, IRD, CNRS, IFREMER.
Located at the Cité Internationale Nelson Mandela, in Les Capuçins, the CMI Brest can also present its services on request within its member institutions.
CMI Brest work in close cooperation with the prefecture of Finistère, DIRECCTE and the Federation of Students of Western Brittany. He is the privileged interlocutor of CAF, CPAM, public finances, etc.
Labeled EURAXESS Center, CMI Brest:
- contributes to the Working Groups of the Euraxess France Association, participates in certain meetings of other networks (Euraxess Europe, ABG, RISup, Campus France, Doctors' Careers Network, Maison de l’International…),
- is in charge of the national training "welcoming foreign researchers",
- and organizes thematic meetings for its members’staff (HR-IR-FFL-others if necessary)
The objectives of CMI Brest are:
- Establish an information desk for foreign students and researchers
- Offer support in obtaining a residence permit by welcoming agents from the Finistère Prefecture to CMI premises
- Offer support to PhD students and researchers in planning their career
- Support the international mobility of CMI members by developing shared actions: reception at the station or at the airport, linguistic support, cultural program, intercultural events…